March 24th is a significant day for Megan’s House; on this day 5 years ago, The Megan House Foundation was incorporated as a 501c3 organization by the United States and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. To put it simply, today is the day our non-profit officially turns 5-years old!
And what a ride it’s been. In those first 5-years, here’s just a tiny sample of what has been accomplished:
- Opened the doors to Megan’s House in September of 2015
- Provided treatment and services to over 200-young women in recovery from over 100 cities and towns
- Awarded a state contract by Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker, who called Megan’s House “a model to be emulated nationwide”
- Received recognition from over 200 national media entities for our program
- Opened Erin’s House, our 1st Success Home, in September of 2017
- Awarded a $100,000 grant from the prestigious Cummings Foundation to continue our work
There’s so much more we could mention and even more yet to come. But it’s worth noting that none of these accomplishments would be possible without our dedicated staff or the courageous young women who fight every single day for their recovery.
Most importantly, none of this is possible without you, our generous supporters and community. Your love has truly made a difference in the lives of these young women. As we embark on the next 5-years of our journey, we pause to say;